Tuesday 11 June 2013

Bald Statement - Bold Action [Hair For Hope 2013]

hair for hope 2013
Botak (Malay for "baldness") might be a taboo situation that any normal person would want to get involved with. However, at times it is not a matter of choice but a consequences that certain individuals need to embrace and go through (e.g. the side effect after going through some necessary cancer treatment).


As part of my ongoing effort to get involve in as many charity movements/meaningful causes as possible, after committed myself with the quarterly blood donation, my next commitment is to participate in the annual Hair For Hope 2013 campaign (this is the 11th year running). Hair for Hope is Children's Cancer Foundation (CCF) signature fundraising event - the only head-shaving event in Singapore that serves to raise funds and awareness of childhood cancer.

As a shavee, I become one of the many CCF ambassadors in helping to raise awareness of childhood cancer among their family and friends. It also provides an opportunity to garner support from the public in the form of donations. 

From 27th Jul 2013 (Sat) onward, I will be happily "botak" for at least a couple of weeks (this is nothing as compared to the ordeals that the little cancer patients need to go through). Thus, with such little gesture and encouragement, I hope to be able to create as much awareness as possible and along the way garner much needed support from my readers, in the form of donations. 

Talking about the donations, I am happy (and surprise at the same time) that I managed to inspire fellow donors (named and anonymous) to pledge a total of SGD660 donations so far. I would like to take this opportunity to thanks all of them once again! THANK YOU!

Of course, when come to donation for a meaningful cause, the more the merrier. If you are interested to learn more about Hair For Hope 2013 or support my participation in the form of online donation (any amount is good amount), feel free to click on the following image:

hair for hope 2013
To donate: Click on the above image and then on "Make Donation" button in the following screen!
I will update the progress and my botak photo immediately after the event. So, stay tuned!

Cheers!       

No comments:

Post a Comment